365 Days of Grief & Healing
Rindt-Erdman Funeral Home has a reputation of providing the highest quality service and care in Arkansas City. However, our reputation is preceded by and interwoven with a rich and interesting heritage--a heritage that began before many of the residents of this city were born.
In 1939, Jesse and Allie Rindt opened the Jesse Rindt Mortuary. The mortuary was located at the corner of 5th Avenue and South First Street. The Rindt’s ran the mortuary as a locally owned and operated family business for 23 years.
In 1962, the Jesse Rindt Mortuary stayed in the family when Fred and Donna Rindt purchased it. A new facility was built at the current location of 100 East Kansas Avenue in 1964. At this time, the mortuary was given the new name of Rindt Memorial Chapel.
In 1970, the Rindt Memorial Chapel and Erdman-Oldroyd Funeral Home merged. The firm continued to operate separate locations until 1979, when the two funeral homes began to operate from the same location at 100 East Kansas Avenue, and the name was changed to Rindt-Erdman Funeral Home.
In 1982, Harold Lake, a long-time employee of the funeral home, continued the tradition of local ownership when he became co-owner and president. For the past two decades, Mr. Lake and Donna Rindt have worked to maintain the reputation that Jesse and Allie Rindt and their family established.
On September 1, 2008 the tradition continues as Brandon Welch purchased the firm and continue to operate the business under local ownership. Today, Rindt-Erdman is an award-winning funeral home. It has been recognized by the International Order of the Golden Rule, an industry organization of independently owned and operated funeral homes, for providing families with compassion and outstanding service. The staff of the funeral home believes that everyone is entitled to the same respect and dignity regardless of their station in life.